中文  |  English  |  Spanish  |  Portuguese

Member
News

Pakistan Government Agreed to Import 1000 MW of Electricity from Iran

Number of visits: Date:6/5/2015 11:33:15

Although Iran is facing the EU and US sanctions on its nuclear program, Pakistan Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) allowed the government to import 1,000 megawatts of electricity from Iran.

A senior official said that Iran would build a gas-fired power plants, especially for the supply of 1,000 megawatts of electricity in Pakistan. Iran company Muhashir and Iran Engineering Service Corporation conducted a joint research on transmission line issues. Transmission line is approximately 700 kilometers, of which 100 kilometers is located in Iran, and the remaining 585 kilometers in Pakistan.

Iran also agreed to provide 70% of funds for the construction of transmission line within Pakistan, the remaining 30% of the funds would be borne by the Pakistan transmission and distribution company.

The government believed that the supply of electricity from Iran company TAVANIR would further realize the goal of the Pakistan government to minimize the gap between supply and demand of electricity supply.

TypeInfo: Industry news

Keywords for the information: